LAKE CHARLES -- Eight rare Relics of the Passion, with a musical and meditative program focused on the Passion of Christ, will be presented at multiple Catholic churches in Diocese of Lake Charles.
The program, “Call from the Crucified Heart,” is a one-hour presentation of The Passion that couples holy relics with supporting meditations and musical pieces that serve as a guide to help participants accompany Jesus through His suffering during the Passion. The program ends with an opportunity for personal veneration of the relics.
Collections such as this are generally seen only in Rome or the Holy Land, and is something that most people only get to see once in a lifetime. The significance of this collection is that these relics are brought into a single venue with a unique narration that brings the story of the Passion to life.
Documents for these relics have been reviewed and authenticated prior to the commencement of the first tour in 2007 and have been venerated in events throughout the world.
The Relics of the Passion collection includes a piece of the True Cross, a piece of the Holy Table, a piece of the Column of Flagellation, a piece of The Crown of Thorns, a replica of the Holy Nail, fashioned using filings from the true nails, a relic of St. Longinus, a picture of (the effigy of) the Veil of Veronica touched to the original with a Vatican seal attesting to the fact and a piece of the exterior wrapping for the Shroud of Turin.
Dates and locations at which Call from the Crucified Heart: A Program with Relics of the Passion will be hosted in the Diocese of Lake Charles include:
- Friday, Sept. 14: Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross, 7 p.m., Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 935 Bilbo Street.
- Sunday,Sept. 16: 2 p.m., St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 110 Fifth Avenue, Oberlin.
- Monday, Sept. 17: 7 p.m., St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1502 Industrial Street, Vinton.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: 7 p.m., St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Catholic Church, 4822 Carlyss Drive, Sulphur.
- Wednesday, Sept. 19: 7 p.m., Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, 920 S. Broadway Street, Jennings.