Catholic schools in the Diocese of Lake Charles will begin the 2021-2022 school year with the return of students at the five schools located in Calcasieu Parish on Wednesday, August 18. Students at Our Lady Immaculate Catholic School in Jennings will make the transition back to classes over several days.
Girls in grades 1-8 at OLI will return on Wednesday, August 11; boys in grades 1-8 will return Thursday, August 12; and PK3, PK4, and Kindergarten students will go back to the Jennings campus on Monday, August 16.
Calcasieu Parish schools include St. Louis Catholic High School, Immaculate Conception Cathedral School, St. Margaret of Scotland Catholic School, and Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic School, all in Lake Charles; and Our Lady’s Catholic School in Sulphur.
Holidays during the school year — days the students are not in attendance – include:
- Labor Day, Monday, September 6
- Fair Day (Our Lady Immaculate), Friday, October 8
- Thanksgiving, Monday, November 22 to Friday, November 26
- Christmas, Monday, December 20 to Friday, December 31
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 17
- Mardi Gras — Friday, February 25 to Tuesday, March 1 (Calcasieu schools); and Monday, February 28 to Wednesday, March 2 (Our Lady Immaculate)
- Easter, Friday, April 15 to Friday, April 22
In-service days for teachers and staff include October 11 and January 3 (all schools); and May 23 (Our Lady Immaculate). The last day of classes for OLI students will be Friday, May 20; and Thursday, May 26, for Calcasieu schools.
Information for the 2021-2022 school calendar was released by the Office of Catholic Schools.
Click the links below to open the calendars: