The Diocese of Lake Charles has a position available for Director of Finance.
Job Description: A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church who is committed to overseeing the fiscal management of the diocese, working with Clergy and Laity in church parishes, fostering an atmosphere of dialogue with colleagues in all areas of the diocese and community for the betterment of procedures and practices to promote good stewardship at all levels.
This position provides guidance and instruction to personnel in the Fiscal Office, overseeing their work as their immediate supervisor.
As the Chair of all Finance Council meetings, he or she presents reports and answers questions regarding the state of affairs of all finances for the diocese.
Responsibilities of Director of Finance:
* Weekly and monthly processing and/or supervising of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll;
* Bank and account reconciliations preparation;
* Month-end close;
* Journal entries;
* Audit preparation and interaction with auditors;
* Grant monitoring and tracking;
* Cash flow projections and monitoring;
* Spreadsheets and analytics;
* Financial reporting, budgeting and Board/Management Reports;
* Recommend/implement/improve standard accounting policies and procedures;
* Handle finance matters related to but not limited to annual insurance review, investment management, employee benefit management, dealing with banking and lending matters
* Bachelor's Degree preferred in Accounting or Finance (Minimum of 3 years accounting experience if degreed; minimum of 7 years accounting experience if not degreed)
* Prior staff management experience
* Strong MS Excel and Word Skills
* Experience with General Ledger packages
* Non-profit accounting or public accounting experience is preferred but not required
* Active CPA certification is a plus but not required
* Experience in filing systems
* Ability to read financial statements and explain them
* Strong work ethic and ability to work and explain fiscal matters to all persons in need
* Report to the CFO of the Diocese on a regular weekly basis
Deadline for applying:
Sunday, October 31, 2021, at Noon
Please e-mail all information to:
Monsignor Daniel A. Torres, Vicar General
Please put copies as attachments to the e-mail.