Catholic schools in the Diocese of Lake Charles will begin the 2022-2023 school year with the return of students at the five schools located in Calcasieu Parish on Wednesday, August 17 and students at Our Lady Immaculate Catholic School in Jennings transitioning back to classes over several days with girls in grades 1-8 returning on Wednesday, August 10; boys in grades 1-8 returning on Thursday, August 11; and PK3, PK4, and Kindergarten students reporting to school on Monday, August 15.
Calcasieu Parish schools include St. Louis Catholic High School, Immaculate Conception Cathedral School, St. Margaret of Scotland Catholic School, and Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic School, all in Lake Charles, and Our Lady’s Catholic School in Sulphur. Our Lady Immaculate Catholic School is in Jefferson Davis Parish.
Holidays during the school year — days the students are not in attendance – include:
- Labor Day, Monday, September 5
- All Saints Day (Holy Day of Obligation), Tuesday, November 1
- Thanksgiving, Monday, November 21 to Friday, November 25
- Christmas, Monday, December 19 to Friday, December 30
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 16
- Mardi Gras — Friday, February 17 to Tuesday, February 21 (Calcasieu schools); and Monday, February 20 to Wednesday, February 22 (Our Lady Immaculate).
- St. Patrick’s Day, Friday, March 17
- Easter, Friday, April 7 to Friday, April 14
An additional holiday for Our Lady Immaculate will be the Jefferson Davis Parish Fair on Friday, Oct. 7.
In-service days for teachers and staff include October 10 and January 2. The last day of classes for OLI students will be Friday, May 19; and Thursday, May 25, for Calcasieu schools.
You can download the PDF version(s) below: